Sunday, April 18, 2010

Avrie's Baptism Day



I know I know I am running a little behind. At least it is only 1 week! Last Saturday Avrie was baptized. She looked so beautiful all dressed in white and was so excited for her special day. She got a little nervous when she saw all the people but she did it! She was baptized a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints.
There were also 12 other children being baptized that day and the stake center was packed! She had family and friends there to celebrate with her. Randy Baptized her (in freezing cold water) She was so quick getting dressed she even beat Randy into the high council room. I guess she was so cold she wanted dry warm clothes on. Randy then confirmed her and gave her a beautiful blessing.
After all the fun we headed to the park with family and friends for some dinner and the kdis had fun playing on the playground while the adults ad fun visiting. It was a great day and I am so proud of the choices that she is making. She is such a beautiful girl! The next day was fast Sunday and she wanted to bear her testimony. Randy asked if I was going to bear my testimony since I did for Kelsie because Avrie might feel bad if I didn't. I said I had to say the closing prayer and that he should do it because I don't think she would have remembered I did for Kelsie. Besides I hadn't heard him bear his testimony in a long time. He was a sport and did a great job speaking directly to Avrie all the truths of the gospel. I hope she remembers that!
Congratulations Avrie on making the first big step, you are on a great path!

2 comments:

Megan said...

She looks beautiful! I can't believe she is old enough to be baptized! Sounds like you guys had a really special day!

Johnsons Away said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats on such a wonderful day!