Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

we took a little drive up the canyon to cedar breaks. We were out of the car long enough to take a picture then run back to the car. It started to rain and it was just a wee bit chilly! It was so pretty though. This took a little coaxing to get Kelsie up there she is afraid of heights and she gets scared just driving up the canyon. Even when you aren't on a ledge in her mind she knows she's above everything else so it freaks her out.

I just love my mom and we always have a good time when we are together. Randy snapped this little photo and looking at it just makes me want to laugh some more.

We went to Cedar this year for the 4th of July to spend time with Mom. Friday night we had a bbq then Saturday we headed to the parade, up the canyon for a drive, a little game of cards, and a fireworks show. It was a great time!

My bright eyed Jaci. This picture almost doesn't even look like her, but it must because well... it is a picture of her.
AWWWW the cedar city parade.... Andrew really wasn't lovin the fire truck and it's sirens
This is what I felt like doing after the first 5 minutes of the parade. I was really disapointed. It was really a parade of fire trucks, baseball teams having water fights, business advertisement, and some really really disapointing dance groups. (to say the least.... my daughter would not be on the drill team if I knew they were going to be dressed like that and dance the way they did.) whatever happened to the real drill team where they actually dance and aren't dressed like hookers? (ooops did I just say that?)
At least there was candy. That was the best part!
What cute kiddos


After we got back from the canyon we stopped at mom's office and decided to snap a few pics while we were waiting. Jaci was quietly sleeping in the car but the other kids enjoyed the little outing a posing for a few pics. Kelsie was totally loving the tree. I think this is her traditional pose. She seems to do this every time I take her picture by a tree!




After it was all said and done I just have to say I am proud to be an American. I am so grateful to the Men and Women who defend our freedom. Whether or not our leaders are right or wrong and make good or bad decisions there are people risking their lives to keep us free.

3 comments:

Missy said...

GREAT pics on this post and your last post! I just love the one with you and your mom laughing. Great job, Randy!

kaleb and stephanie said...

Love the pictures!! Looks like you had a fun day. We are excited to see you in a few days!! Love ya!

Angie said...

Those pictures are really great. It looks like you had a great 4th.