Avrie came home from school with a school lunch milk container filled with water and 8 tadpoles! I was shocked even though I shouldn't have been this was Avrie afterall. I got alittle more attached to tadpoles than the gold fish and was determined to help them grow into frogs. I think it brought back some memories of the tadpoles I would catch as a kid. Besides frogs are cute! We cut open a gallon milk jug and put in some water and fed them fish food. Avrie fed them a little too much the first night and one died. A few weeks later we went to the river and got some good water for them. We continued to feed them fish food and they were even getting their legs. Then I fed them one morning and the food came out too fast. I thought it would be ok but an hour later they were all DEAD. OOPS. I guess they can eat too much! I guess we will have to try raising tadpoles again next year!
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
The new Family Pet
Avrie came home from school with a school lunch milk container filled with water and 8 tadpoles! I was shocked even though I shouldn't have been this was Avrie afterall. I got alittle more attached to tadpoles than the gold fish and was determined to help them grow into frogs. I think it brought back some memories of the tadpoles I would catch as a kid. Besides frogs are cute! We cut open a gallon milk jug and put in some water and fed them fish food. Avrie fed them a little too much the first night and one died. A few weeks later we went to the river and got some good water for them. We continued to feed them fish food and they were even getting their legs. Then I fed them one morning and the food came out too fast. I thought it would be ok but an hour later they were all DEAD. OOPS. I guess they can eat too much! I guess we will have to try raising tadpoles again next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment