I just thought I would post this email mom sent for David's update.
Hi everyone, David just got out of the doctor's office and called and asked if I would e-mail everyone with the results of today. He sounded pretty tired. Well he met with the medical oncoligist today and came away with a little bit of hope. He will be doing radiation on his shoulder to try to knock that down. He will be able to do that here in Cedar City. If it works it should help with the pain that he is having. He will do that for 5 to 6 weeks. He will meet with the doctor again in 3 weeks to see if it is helping and to start some chemo therapy. It sounds like he will get it every three weeks and that will make him pretty sick for a few days and then he will start feeling a little bit better. (This is new, we didn't think that there would be any chemo except biochemo which David would not do....very bad stuff) The doctor will also be looking closer at the spot in his stomach and may do surgery to see exactly what it is and if they can remove it. It turns out that the spot in his foot was probably a typing error on the report and he couldn't see anything but he may have two spots in the stomach. The good news is that so far there is nothing in any of his vital organs that would cause falure and immediate death . He asked the doctor what his life expectancy would be and he said that he would hopefully be around for at least one year. He is excited because now he will be able to baptize Jake....then only one more year and baptize Allison. He has a wonderful attitude and a grateful out look on life. The doctor told him today that he wished that all of his patients had as good an outlook as he did. David told him that being down would only waste the time he had so why not enjoy what's left. I guess that's what we all need to do...enjoy him while we have him, endure with a cheerful heart, never give up hope, pray, and have faith in our Savior's Plan. We will be having a fast for David next Sunday, July 27th if any of you would like to join us. Thank you for your love and support. Thanks to all of you who put his name in the Temples all over the country and world. You will never know how much it means to all of us. Thanks again...We love you all. Love Mom (Vickie)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hey Katie!
I'm glad you figured things out! It looks like you figured the links out too. Nice.
My mom forwarded me an email from your mom about David. I just can't believe it. We will be praying for him and his family.
Hi Katie! I'm glad I found out about your blog. I will definitely stay posted about David. Rob (and I...in spirit...I just had a baby) will be joining your family in the fast this Sunday. Our temple, the St. Louis Temple, is closed right now for cleaning, but when it's opened, we'll put his name on the prayer roll. We will also remember him and all of your in our prayers.
Take care!!
Angie Davis Patterson (I wrote my whole name out in case you didn't remember my married name ;) )
Okay...so I just checked out my blog and noticed that you posted a comment on it and found me first! That's great! I'm so glad we'll be able to keep in better touch now. Yay!
Post a Comment