Friday, July 18, 2008

Why you DON"T let your kids where flip flops to school!!
















So here is proof that you should NOT let your kids wear flip flops to school. Avrie was already having a rough morning but it just got worse when she showed up to her last day of Camp Invention. She was opening the door to go inside when the door caught on her toe nail and ripped it off. She was screaming and Randy grabbed her and put her in the car. I thought I would just run her home and clip off the top. Well I got her home and looked a little closer and realized it ripped the whole nail off. The only thing holding it on was the cuticle. So I took her to insta-care where she screamed bloody murder and had 2 nurses, me and the doctor holding her while they gave her a shot to numb it. Once it was numb she insisted that she watch while they finished removing it. The Doctor says it will take 6-12 months to grow back. I thought he was just joking but I guess it really does take that long. After it was all over all she was worried about was weather Randy had saved her things from camp and if she was going to make it back in time for the snack. She did. Randy's first comment was "that is why kids don't wear shoes like that to school." He saw it as a teacher too. YUCK!

No comments: