Ok, so I have finally decided to quit procrastinating and get this post done. Our trip to Hawaii was great! I wish we would have had more time on Maui but at least now I know I want to definitely go back there. We arrived on Oahu on a Sunday afternoon. We enjoyed drinks and snacks in the LIMO, checked into the hotel, went down to the beach and then caught a Hula show in the shopping square by our hotel. Monday we set off early because they are 4 hours behind us and I was starving at 4 in the morning. I held off until 6 and we made our way to Denny's then down to the beach for the sunrise. After that we headed off shopping, got our picture taken by the worlds largest hawaiian shirt, ate at bubba gump shrimp (Randy loved it), went to the bodies exhibit (very interesting and cool would definitely do that again),went back to the hotel for a little break then just strolled through the shops. Tuesday we rented a car and drove around the Island. We headed to the temple and were able to do a session there it was really neat. Then we headed to the hukelou (I have no clue how to spell that) for lunch (it was recommended by the locals) it was very good for being a little dive(and really cheap for the ammount of food you got). Then we continued around the island. We stopped at a few beaches for pictures,and found a macadamia nut farm that had really good cinnamon flavored ones.We brought some of those home. I wish they had better road signs but we figured it wouldn't matter if we got lost because it was an island we would eventually find our way back and we did. On our 2nd time around the island we stopped at the Dole Plantation. They were closed when we went by the in the morning. We had enough of the day left we decided to drive around to that side of the Island again. Then we headed home for the night. Wed. we headed to Pearl Harbor early in the morning because the lines get big fast. We were able to get on the second tour for the morning so it wasn't too bad. We went out to the Arizona (Always a neat experience, makes you appreciate our freedom) and then we decided to go to the new (new for us because it wasn't there last time we went) Pacific Aviation Museum. Randy loved that especially the flight simulator he rode. It was pretty neat it is in an old Hanger on Ford Island and they have life sized planes that were used and also talked more about the attack on Pearl Harbor. After that we headed to the Flee market, same stuff over and over so that got old quick and then we decided to return the car instead of waiting until our flight in the morning. We decided to take the public bus back to the hotel just to try it out. Won't do that again. It was fine at first, then the stinky bums got on and we had to move because I thought I was going to throw up. We got back to the hotel and were starving but still took time to shower and change after the bus. We enjoyed Ruths Christ steakhouse that night so YUM. Of coarse I'm all about food on vacation and I wasn't even sick on this trip from being pregnant so it made it really enjoyable.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Finally Hawaii
Ok, so I have finally decided to quit procrastinating and get this post done. Our trip to Hawaii was great! I wish we would have had more time on Maui but at least now I know I want to definitely go back there. We arrived on Oahu on a Sunday afternoon. We enjoyed drinks and snacks in the LIMO, checked into the hotel, went down to the beach and then caught a Hula show in the shopping square by our hotel. Monday we set off early because they are 4 hours behind us and I was starving at 4 in the morning. I held off until 6 and we made our way to Denny's then down to the beach for the sunrise. After that we headed off shopping, got our picture taken by the worlds largest hawaiian shirt, ate at bubba gump shrimp (Randy loved it), went to the bodies exhibit (very interesting and cool would definitely do that again),went back to the hotel for a little break then just strolled through the shops. Tuesday we rented a car and drove around the Island. We headed to the temple and were able to do a session there it was really neat. Then we headed to the hukelou (I have no clue how to spell that) for lunch (it was recommended by the locals) it was very good for being a little dive(and really cheap for the ammount of food you got). Then we continued around the island. We stopped at a few beaches for pictures,and found a macadamia nut farm that had really good cinnamon flavored ones.We brought some of those home. I wish they had better road signs but we figured it wouldn't matter if we got lost because it was an island we would eventually find our way back and we did. On our 2nd time around the island we stopped at the Dole Plantation. They were closed when we went by the in the morning. We had enough of the day left we decided to drive around to that side of the Island again. Then we headed home for the night. Wed. we headed to Pearl Harbor early in the morning because the lines get big fast. We were able to get on the second tour for the morning so it wasn't too bad. We went out to the Arizona (Always a neat experience, makes you appreciate our freedom) and then we decided to go to the new (new for us because it wasn't there last time we went) Pacific Aviation Museum. Randy loved that especially the flight simulator he rode. It was pretty neat it is in an old Hanger on Ford Island and they have life sized planes that were used and also talked more about the attack on Pearl Harbor. After that we headed to the Flee market, same stuff over and over so that got old quick and then we decided to return the car instead of waiting until our flight in the morning. We decided to take the public bus back to the hotel just to try it out. Won't do that again. It was fine at first, then the stinky bums got on and we had to move because I thought I was going to throw up. We got back to the hotel and were starving but still took time to shower and change after the bus. We enjoyed Ruths Christ steakhouse that night so YUM. Of coarse I'm all about food on vacation and I wasn't even sick on this trip from being pregnant so it made it really enjoyable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow!! A limo?!! You guys know how to live!! My dream is to someday go to Hawaii! How nice that you got to go without the kids! Love the pictures!! You got some good ones!
Post a Comment