Tuesday, September 15, 2009

taking one for the TEAM

Poor Poor Avrie. I don't think her day would have gotten any worse. She had a fever all weekend and stayed home from School on Monday. (so we could make sure she wasn't going to spread the love)Monday afternoon she was feeling much better and after dinner we decided to go for a walk. She was still acting a little tired but then Kelsie challenged her for a race so that got her excited. They took off running and of coarse Avrie won. Kelsie then claims she won because she had been riding in the stroller so she wasn't as tired. So we challenged them to run again saying it should be fair now that Avrie just ran. Kelsie immediatly took off and then Avrie starting running. She caught kelsie and just as she was going to pass her she got a little off balance and she went DOWN. HARD!!! I screamed and took off running to pick her up and make sure she was alright.she had fallen on her knee but was going so fast it flipped her body and she hit the opposite shoulder and then her face. The back of her body went up higher than her head! of coarse she was screaming she had some bruises on her knee, shoulder and her face but I was so glad she didn't break her head open. We would have been in trouble had that happened because I didn't have anything that would have helped that. (I think I will be more prepared next time) Although I don't think there will be any more races for a while! At least for the FHE lesson we were able to talk about the good samaritan and have a visual. Kelsie was a good sister and immediately turned around and bent down by Avrie to try to help her up and make sure she was ok. We got home and got her cleaned up and first thing Avrie wanted was her picture taken so I could post it on the blog. So Avrie here you go.........




5 comments:

Megan said...

Poor girl! Those are quite the battle wounds.

Punky said...

Poor Avrie! That looks painful!

Alisca said...

Poor girl! She's got some serious battle scars for sure!

kaleb and stephanie said...

NOOOOO fun!!!! Sorry Avrie

Losee Family said...

so sad. Poor girl. I'm glad she at least gets excited for her picture on the blog!