Friday, December 11, 2009

Traditions

We have made it a family tradition to go out to eat and then go see the Christmas lights with the kids. We normally go to the Mongolian BBQ and I was considering it this year and then realized that maybe they have peanuts in sauces. I don't think I ever worried before because Andrew really doesn't eat much he's so picky. Maybe they don't even use peanuts but we opted for the Olive garden just to be safe and make sure all the kids actually ate. THEY DID!!! Then we headed to the temple to see the lights and nativity. We headed inside the visitor center to warm up a little and enjoy some of the messages there. The kids enjoyed the Christus and then we walked through the exhibit they had called Reflections Of Christ. It was so beautiful. Some of the pictures I had seen at an exhibit at BYU and I had wanted to see the picture again so badly I was so glad it was there. Then we did the little walk through of God's Plan for families. Or something like that. The kids liked that as well and it had some good messages about eternal families. It talked about the grandparents who had died and how they would be talking about our families to others in heaven and how much they miss us. I thought so much about my dad and how much he does love my little one's. It was a good evening and we had such a good time. There were so many more things to see there I wish we had more time and Jaci would have been a little more patient but 1 year old usually aren't so we will make another trip back to the visitor center another night!




Jaci liked the ornaments on their trees too! OOPS

What a cheeser!



1 comment:

Missy said...

I didn't know they had lights there. That's a pretty great tradition!