Saturday, January 2, 2010

Disneyland Christmas

I know my blog is out of order I was waiting to go private before I started posting all of our doings! The kids got out of school on the 18th and on the 20th we headed to California. When we arrived we headed over to Disney California to see the light parade. We have never seen it before and I have to say that I really liked it even despite the annoying music but it was good. The kids were just so giddy and excited it was great. I took Kelsie and Avrie on a little ride in bugs land and they were just the cutest things ever. Avrie was just so giddy and laughing the whole time and kelsie was smiling and just rolling her eyes at Avrie. It was a classic moment I wanted to remember forever. I love the way it made me feel seeing them so excited. That is what Disneyland is all about for us!

The next 2 days for us there were just awesome. Tuesday was freezing though so we headed home early and Randy lucked out he was able to watch the byu Bowl game. Wed. we were supposed to head home but thought we would go to the park for one last ride. Well that turned into us staying another day. The weather was gorgeous so I called and got us another night at a hotel and we stayed. It was nice to not have to worry about getting home for anything.
Some of the highlights of this trip.... The light parade we had never seen.
The Christmas parade was so neat and fun to see the characters. I liked it much better than the other parade they had this year.
We got to see Santa and his reindeer. Jaci was a typical baby and her reaction to seeing santa for the first time was a scream and desprate hold on Avrie to not let her go!
Seeing princess Tiana. I had taken the girls to the movie before we went to Disneyland so they were so excited. I also really loved the showboat Jubilee. Kelsie did too! (I'll explain later)
Seeing the fireworks with christmas music and snow! The castle in all it's winder glory was beautiful! Seeing the lights on it's a small world and only having to ride the ride once since the line was so long! (it's andrews favorite so I feel bad he didn't get to ride it more but it gets kind of old after a while) getting to try new food! I took the girls to downtown disney so they could try the beignets. Apparantly according to Kelsie and Avrie they are to DIE FOR!! they were pretty good. we also had gumbo (I have to say I don't think I need to try their version again) It was just a GREAT time.
Funny Story.... Monday afternoon we watched the Christmas parade and later that day I was talking to the people at the baby center and asking about when it snows. They told me it snowed after the evening parade. So Randy had the kids riding rides and I was saving a spot for the parade. Not a great tone but close to where it would "snow". They meet up with me and we watch the parade and then... no snow. So Randy took the girls to ride some more rides and I was just going to sit on a perfectly located bench to save our spot for the fireworks. Andrew starts telling me he has to pee. when he does this he usually tells you pretty load and pretends he is going to pee his pants. I tried distracting him for a while but it didn't work for long. I figured I better take him before he really has an accident. We get to the bathroom and Andrew informs me that I am a genius that I found that bathroom. (he studies out the maps the moment he walks through the gate) apparantly he didn't know this bathroom was there. He just keeps telling me I was a genius. It was great. He does his thing (glad I took him I don't think he could have held much more in his little bladder) then we head to small world since he can see the lights. We got there just in time for it to snow there and see the light show. It worked out great! Randy and the girls made it just in time to see it with us! So I thought it was great Andrew thought I was a genius but it's even better that Kelsie did too. She wanted to see the showboat jubilee again so Randy took the rest of the kiddos on some other rides and I walked with her to watch the show. We were standing right where they would walk past us and they stoped in front of us and were singing. I told Kelsie if she waved they would give her some mardi gra beads. She was waving and sure enough the last girl to pass handed her some green beads. her smile was a mile wide and she looks at me and says Mom how did you know if I waved they would give me beads. I just shrugged my shoulders and smiled and she loudly exclaims Andrew was right you really are a genius! Such a proud moment!!! ha ha It really was a wonderful trip. After we went in October I thought I was disneyed out but after this trip it brought all the magic back I can't wait to go again!

No comments: