Friday, January 8, 2010

My CLEVER hubby!

This is how it went at our house tonight.....( I was getting a little frustrated and the noise level was rising)
Randy to the kids...."All of you line up on the tile."
They all obey and line up.
Randy to Andrew..."are you wearing socks?"
Andrew "yes"
Randy "You lied go to the corner."
Randy to Avrie "were you jumping on the couch?"
Avrie thinks about it for a second after seeing what happened to Andrew when he lied decides to tell the truth. "Yes"
Randy "Go to the corner for jumping on the couch."
Randy to Kelsie "have you been screaming?"
Kelsie "no I was yelling it's different."
Randy "go to the corner for being a smart aleck."
Man it gave me a good laugh! AND they all went to the corner! It was quiet for about 1 minute. (I think they were trying to figure out what had just happened, getting punished for lying, getting punished for telling the truth, and wondering why the heck mom was laughing her head off) Randy decided it was Priceless for his efforts in parenting! Love you babe thanks for the laugh and me not needing a "Time out" Although that does still sound nice!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am always asking for a time out! Jer says I can have one, I just have to take the kids with me.

Holli Slack said...

That is too funny! Great parenting skills...he needs to pass them on to all dads!