Family Pics. Where did all these posers come from
My cute BABIES
My Hot boyfriend!
I think I am finally settling back into a routine even though I feel like I am still in a bubble and my mind doesn't seem to be functioning properly. Oh well. This last month has just been a crazy one!
On the 12th we made our way to provo for the beginning of our spring break. We pulled the kids out of school a little early and started our trek. We made a stop in Beaver for some squeeky cheese. The kids love it when we stop there and it was fresh so it was sooo yummy and squeeky. About 5 miles before we got to meadow Kelsie says she isn't feeling very good. I ask if she has the vent open in the back of the van thinking she is just getting car sick or something. Just as I look up in the mirror I see her mouth filling with leftover lunch and rush to hand her the tupperware that had our grapes in it. (boy was I glad I decided to put the grapes in a container instead of a baggie) Poor thing was trying to hold it in but just couldn't and the bucket didn't reach her in time. Out came lunch and her "chucky cheese".( That was pretty funny when she said that and I suddenly lost all interest in going to chucky cheese when we made it to provo) Avrie was all beside her self screaming that Kelsie threw up on her backpack! I was so grateful we were close to meadow when it happened. We stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Labrum's and washed clothes and cleaned up. Well I should say Randy cleaned up. I got out of the car thinking I was going to be strong and a good mother well I took one look in the back seat and dry heaved all the way inside. I came out long enough to give Randy supplies. He was so good about cleaning it up too. Ok so sorry that was a nice visual. Anyway we cleaned up and fed the baby and got back on the road. In Nephi we made another pit stop for Kelsie and decided we better make reservations for a hotel instead of stay with Aunt Jane. Just in case it was something contageous. We got to the hotel and we luckily we were able to get the upgrade to the suite and it was so worth it. Around 10 Kelsie seemed to have gotten over her little bug (or bad food) and was able to sleep good and sound.
Friday we made it over to Jane's to visit for a little bit and then we headed to the Draper Temple open house with my SIL and her kids and my MIL. It was a good time and so beautiful. When we came around the corner to see inside the celestial room Andrew says "Jesus in dere" It was kind of cool. About that time he had had enough and when we sat in the sealing room to listen to the man speak for a minute he wasn't going to have it and was so whinny Randy had to take him out. I was surprised the kids lasted as long as they did it was a long day. Too bad it turned into an even longer night when Jaciellie was having heart burn or something because she didn't go to sleep until 3 in the morning. Again Randy took one for the team and stayed up bouncing her all night. I felt so bad she was just screaming and didn't want to eat. She would calm down enough to sleep for about 5 minutes at a time then just wake up screaming. That was another time I was so grateful to have a hotel room. (The people next door probably weren't glad we were there but hey their kid was screaming too)
Saturday we had a little get together with Randy's uncle and cousins. Jane had a little easter egg hunt for all the little kids and they loved it. Later that afternoon we headed to Salt Lake so my friend Missy could take our family pics. She did great! Like always! (check her out! there is a link on my side bar) I think they turned out great. Andrew was once again a little restless so made for an interesting time. Randy hates getting pictures taken so he was easily aggitated at anything that was not going perfect and that would include Andrew picking up every stick he could find and swinging it. I think the 6 foot long stick he found to swing at everyone finally did him in! Too bad that was at the beginning of the shoot. Oh well he endured and we got some good shots.
Sunday we headed for home. Randy dropped me off at mom's house so I could stay there for the week while the kids were on break. The college was on break too so she didn't have to teach I thought it would be good to just hang out. Too bad the cousins had school but the kids got to go to the discovery park and just have fun playing outside in the yard at grandma's. We were able to visit with David for a little bit everyday we were there.
Thursday of that week Randy went up to cedar to the dentist and picked us up. We headed home and enjoyed a couple of days at home getting things cleaned up and laundry done. Saturday Ben called and said he was in Cedar City beacuse Dave wasn't doing very well. I asked if we needed to come. He said it was a good idea if I wanted to hug him once more and talk to him because they were deciding if they would induce him into a coma that night(which I don't think they were ever really able to do) or wait until morning. I was so glad they waited so I could see him and also because Saturday was their wedding anniversary.
Sunday morning bright and early we headed to Cedar. Dave wasn't doing good but we were able to talk and strengthen a relationship that has needed a little help. I was so thankful for the time I had to spend with him and remember how close we used to be and remember the good times we had. Sunday afternoon we needed to head home, Randy had to take care of things at the stake center for the Temple Dedication. Kelsie was going to go with him but then last minute I figured I should go back to Cedar and be with the family and be able to take Caden and Jake to the dedication there. I didn't have a recommend to get in so had to make a quick stop at the church and then hurry and pack me and 4 kids for the week. I made it back to cedar in time to get the boys and head to the church. Sunday night Kaleb and Stephanie made it there and Lisa Steph and I stayed up until 2 just talking. Around 5:30 Georgia called and said we needed to come. So we went over and waited. There was a lot of waiting. David was a fighter! There was also a lot of good conversations and a lot of learning going on. I won't go into details on the blog because the experiences I had over that time are very special to me and our family. It will just be written in a different journal. I will say though seeing someone I love die has probably been one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. Now that I have done it twice I am so grateful for my knowledge of the gospel. For the peace I can have because our Father in heaven has a plan for us.
Needless to say there wasn't a lot of sleep for any of the adults. Tuesday morning came and David was able to finally leave his struggling body behind and return home. Then it was a whirlwind of craziness getting the funeral ready trying to plan meals (that didn't need to be because so many people just brought food on their own)making sure family and friends were notified of his passing and such. Randy was in Salt Lake for meetings so I didn't want to come home but I also felt I needed a little break and a lot of rest. I headed home Tuesday night and enjoyed a night in my own bed. AHHHH. Randy made it home Wed. night and Thursday morning we headed back to Cedar for all the funeral arrangements. I was sure glad to finally have him there with me. It was really hard having him be gone during that hard time. It was so great to see family and friends and the funeral turned out so well. I'm sure Dave was proud.
Saturday night we finally made our way home again. Monday was once again spent cleaning because of our hurried departure and doing laundry. Tuesday I was able to go to the temple with mom, lisa, and Georgia. It was a good time and a good place to be. Thanks Nancy for taking the kids so I could go. It was a good break. Yesterday was spent doing my coupon shopping and today I finally vacumed my house. (that was greatly needed) I still feel a little sleep deprived so I am hoping to catch up on precious sleep Saturday morning before conference. I guess this has been a long enough post. Time to take a nap! (I wish)



4 comments:
Best of luck with the sleep!
Everything was just beautiful while we were up there.
Those photos are precious!
Long post, but good! I was getting emotional.
I'm so glad you like the pics! It was fun doing them. I thought Andrew was funny but probably wouldn't if he was my kid!
Katie: I am glad to have found your blog. I love your pictures I have a link of photos from the funeral I wanted to pass along to your family. e mail me at allred.darin@gmail.com when you get a chance, so I can send you the link.
Cute family pictures! Once again, so sorry about the loss of your brother. He sounds like such a great guy. I bet the temple is the most wonderful place to be right now. I'm thinking about ya!
Post a Comment