So I was on my way to get the kids from school and well the garage door that has been getting stuck GOT STUCK! It looked like it was all the way up but I guess not ALL THE WAY. It caught the spoiler on the back of my Van and well broke the light and ripped it off and bent the garage door. I would have been embarrassed that my neighbor and his work buddies were outside but I was so grateful they came over to help fix the door enough to get it to close! Randy wasn't too happy but neither was I and the door got fixed enough to park in the garage at night and Randy's friend was able to get a good deal on the spoiler and can take care of that for us so HALLELUJAH. It could have been a lot worse and I am glad to know that I am not the only one to ever do this. Some people I know have done it twice. (I hope that won't be me). So while I was freaking out and having my crying fest in the bathroom I realized I couldn't have a pitty party because it was Kelsie's birthday and she needed dinner fixed so she could enjoy her day. I got dinner ready and as Avrie was saying the prayer I realized something..... I was worried about a stupid car and garage door and this sweet little girl worries about being able to have a good day and that her uncle David and Uncle Lyn can have the cancer go away. I think there are more important things than a car and garage door. At least we are healthy. SO thank you Avrie for that little lesson and a thanks to my Heavenly Father for that tender mercy. It was a tender mercy to me to realize I am blessed even when life throws a little curve.
Friday on our way to Provo I found out that David had gotten his test results back. Though he hadn't met with the Dr. he read the results and they showed the cancer had spread to liver, pancreas, lymphnodes around his Kidneys, his spine, and legs. It could be more than that but they met with the Dr today and they gave him until the 1st of the year. I hate that they give a time limit because what do they know a person's body and faith is capable of. Anyway life has a way of opening my eyes and though I will admit I am definatly in the denial stage now I am so glad to know our Heavenly father has a plan for us. Though it may not always work to our liking he can see the big picture and we just have to have faith and everything else will work itself out! LOVE YOU DAVE!
Friday on our way to Provo I found out that David had gotten his test results back. Though he hadn't met with the Dr. he read the results and they showed the cancer had spread to liver, pancreas, lymphnodes around his Kidneys, his spine, and legs. It could be more than that but they met with the Dr today and they gave him until the 1st of the year. I hate that they give a time limit because what do they know a person's body and faith is capable of. Anyway life has a way of opening my eyes and though I will admit I am definatly in the denial stage now I am so glad to know our Heavenly father has a plan for us. Though it may not always work to our liking he can see the big picture and we just have to have faith and everything else will work itself out! LOVE YOU DAVE!



2 comments:
Oh man!!! That's too bad!!! I can say that hasn't happened to me but we don't have a spoiler on our van! At least you were able to get it fixed!
Kids are so great to think about those kinds of things at the right times.
Oh Dang is right! I'll have to be careful about that with our spoiler...
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Davis and his family are in our prayers. Last time I went to the temple, I put his name on the prayer roll. Please let his family and your mom know that.
Post a Comment