Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here she is Jaciellie!






We had a last minute change in the spelling but she's still Jaciellie. We went in yesterday morning around 6 am and the Doctor broke my water. I was trying to see if I could get things going without the pitocin. Around 8:30 we decided to have them start the pitocin because nothing was happening and I didn't want to be there all day I was still 4-5. Around 10 doctor came and checked and I was 5+. We kept increasing the pictocin and still not very strong contractions or one's that were steady. Around 11:30 we upped it as far as it would go and I started feeling them I decided that I wouldn't be tuff enough to make it through them until labor and things seemed to be slow I was still 5+ so I told the nurse that I was ready to get my epidural. Around 12 they came in to get that started and when they were finished the nurse checked my and told me I was an 8. Kind of surprised I went 5-8 in like 30 minutes. Well the epidural was working ok on one side but I was still have some pain from contractions on my left side so they clicked a little button to make some more meds come through and after about the 3rd contraction I couldn't feel the pain anymore but I was starting to feel pressure so the nurse checks me again and says I was 10 and ready to push. I was so surpsied things happened so quickly but also very relieved. We waited about 10 minutes for the doctor to get there and I had 2 1/2 pushes and she arrived at 12:52 pm 7 lbs 15 oz and 20 inches long. Healthy and strong and ready to eat. She was my first to do that and I didn't even get sick during labor like I have before so things just went really smoothly and quickly. She is beautiful with her own little look. I knew she would look different from the others by the ultrasound picture and she definatly does. Randy said at least 1 of the 4 could have my jeans. I think she looks like my dad. just waiting for the pink splottches and puffiness to go down but she's a keeper. The kids were able to come to the hospital and see her. Avrie was excited as can be Kelsie was worried the crying was going to keep her up at night and Andrew looked at her like" you are not Jaciellie" (he thinks my belly button is Jaciellie) he is used to her now and wants to see her and covers his eyes when she cries.He even took diapers to the garbage for me so he's ready to be a big bro. Thanks mom for all your help with the kids this week. Grandma Allred Grandma Richardson and President Doty and Karen all came to visit us in the hospital it was nice to have some visitors!

8 comments:

Alisca said...

Congrats Katie! She's beautiful and it sounds like it wasn't too tough to deliver her. Keep the pictures and the updates coming!

Love ya girl -
Alisca

kaleb and stephanie said...

What a cutie!! Can't wait to meet her. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
We love you!!!

Punky said...

Congratulations on the new addition! She is just adorable!!

Angie said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations! When I saw her, I also thought she looks like an Allred...so I'm glad that you agree with me! And I love the name. Enjoy your little one.

staciandboys said...

She is so beautiful! There is nothing more precious than a newborn! Hope that all goes well with your family while trying to adjust to a new little one again.

Love,
Staci

Megan said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you. When I saw the pic I thought she looked like you for sure. You have such a sweet and adorable little family.

Jody said...

Oh my goodness, I love those kissable chubber cheeks. Congratulations

Missy said...

Congrats!! She's beautiful!! I'm so glad everything went well and is still going well! I did get your text message...I've just been busy!!