Avrie started gymnastics last week and has been so excited. On tuesday it was only her 2nd time going and they were having a little recital. I don't know if that is what you call it or not but they were showing off their skills that they have learned. Of coarse some of the girls in her class have been going for longer and actually had something to show. They all did a little routine and she did really good for it only being her 2nd time. They have 3 levels of balance beam and I didn't realize she was on the 2nd highest one when she practiced. Randy took her the 1st week and was telling me about it but I thought she was really low to the floor. The balance beam is the one thing I don't know I will be able to watch her do it makes me to nervous to watch them flip and jump so high in the air on such a little beam. They had an older girl do her floor routine for everyone and Avrie was just grinning ear to ear I'm sure she can't wait until she can do that herself. She has a pretty good build really muscular naturally so I hope it works out for her. She is loving it so far and has been trying to do her moves at home. I tell her the cartwheels and back bends are ok but trying to do a head stand on your own on the hard floor is not. Hopefully she doesn't break her neck!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
My Little Gymnast
Avrie started gymnastics last week and has been so excited. On tuesday it was only her 2nd time going and they were having a little recital. I don't know if that is what you call it or not but they were showing off their skills that they have learned. Of coarse some of the girls in her class have been going for longer and actually had something to show. They all did a little routine and she did really good for it only being her 2nd time. They have 3 levels of balance beam and I didn't realize she was on the 2nd highest one when she practiced. Randy took her the 1st week and was telling me about it but I thought she was really low to the floor. The balance beam is the one thing I don't know I will be able to watch her do it makes me to nervous to watch them flip and jump so high in the air on such a little beam. They had an older girl do her floor routine for everyone and Avrie was just grinning ear to ear I'm sure she can't wait until she can do that herself. She has a pretty good build really muscular naturally so I hope it works out for her. She is loving it so far and has been trying to do her moves at home. I tell her the cartwheels and back bends are ok but trying to do a head stand on your own on the hard floor is not. Hopefully she doesn't break her neck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment