Kelsie's Big Day finally arrived. Saturday Nov. 1st Kelsie was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We are so proud of her for making this special decision. It was a very special day for her. She woke up so excited and ready to get in her white dress. Grandma Richardson did her hair for her and then finally the time came to get in her dress. Randy was able to baptize and confirm her and he gave her a very wonderful blessing. She had a lot of support from family and friends and we feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives and in the lives of our children that they can look to for guidance and love. After the Baptism we went to the park for a little picnic and it was great visiting with everyone and just enjoying the day. I was even more relieved that the weather held out for us and it was a beautiful day. Today was fast Sunday and Kelsie remembered that when she woke up today that she would get to fast. She did a very good job I know it was hard for her. She kept saying she was hungry and Avrie kept offering her food but she refused and was a very big girl choosing the right already. She has been so excited about receiving a journal and is determined to write in it everyday. I hope she can. She has 2 entries already so she's off to a good start.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Kelsie's Big Day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
So I haven't seen your mom forever!! She looks great! It sounds like everything went well and that's great that Kelsie already wants to fast!
BTW-CUTE costumes!!!
Your mom does look great! I was thinking the same thing. :) I can't believe you have an 8 year old. She's so cute, and I'm glad she decided to be baptized, too.
What a neat day for Kelsie!! Sorry I missed it. She looks so pretty all in white! I love teaching her piano, she is really talented and super determined!
Post a Comment