Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tender Mercies

I was taking the kids to school today and we were listening to a cd the primary gave them to help them with their primary program and the song " If the savior stood beside me" came on. As we were singing the 3rd verse I just had the most peaceful feeling come over me and also some tears.
Today is going to be a hard day for some of our family members and as I listened to the words I felt so blessed to have the spirit confirm the truthfulness of these simple words. " He is always near me though I do not see him there, and because he loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care."
I felt so loved at that moment and knew that he does know me like he knows each of us and he does love me like he loves each of us. I just considered this such a tender mercy that I was given today and I feel so blessed to know I have the ability to have the spirit with me always to confirm these truths. I have realized that sometimes we take that for granted. We don't realize how lucky and blessed we are to have the spirit be our constant companion.
I felt even more blessed when on the way home I had considered stopping by to see Randy for a minute and then decided against it since he wasn't answering his phone I figured he was busy. As we were driving down the boulevard there was a car coming from the other side of the car to turn into the lane next to me I wasn't too worried about that until I needed to swerve because another car had run a stop sign and had come clear out into my lane. My heart sped up to a thousand beats a minute and Andrew is saying "WHOA mom" I realized again how much we get watched over everyday in simple little ways. I just felt blessed we were able to avoid something that could have been much worse.
I guess that is my little thought for the day I am just feeling really blessed!

No comments: