
David Allred
(May 25, 1976 - March 24, 2009)
David J Allred returned to his Heavenly Father on March 24, 2009 after a valiant struggle with cancer. David was born in Provo, UT on May 25, 1976 to Clayton & Vickie Allred. He grew up in Fillmore and Moab, UT. He achieved his Eagle scout and was active in the Order of the Arrow. He graduated from Millard High School in 1994. He attended Snow College prior to his mission to the Phillippines Bacolod Mission from 1995-1997 for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In 1997 he met his sweetheart Georgia while attending SUU. They were married in the Salt Lake Temple on March 21, 1998. David served as an officer and flight paramedic for the Arizona Dept. of Public Safety for 5 years. He then pursued real estate until he was unable to work. Even with his diagnosis of malignant melanoma David graduated from SUU with his bachelors degree in 2008. David enjoyed working hard and some of his hobbies included being in the outdoors, camping, hiking, ATV’s and biking, basketball, skiing and spending time with his family. He held numerous callings in the LDS Church. He is survived by his wife; Georgia Meyers Allred and children Caden (9), Jacob (8) and Allison (6), mother Vickie Labrum Allred of Enoch, younger brothers Benjamin (Lisa) of Safford, AZ., Kaleb (Stephanie) of Sahuarita AZ., Clay (currently serving a mission in the Atlanta GA North Mission), and younger sister Katie (Randy) Richardson of St. George. Also his grandparents DeLynn & Betty Labrum of Meadow, and Alice Allred, of Mesa, AZ. He is preceded in death by his father Clayton Cohn Allred, and grandfather Cohn WilburAllred. A viewing will be held Thursday, March 26, 2009 from 6-8:00 pm Funeral services will be held on Friday, March 27, 2009 at 10:00 am with a viewing from 8:30-9:30 am. All services will be held at the Enoch Stake Center located at 3600 N. Minersville Hwy. Interment will be in the Meadow City Cemetery at 3:30 pm under the direction of Southern Utah Mortuary.



10 comments:
Wow! I can't believe he got his Bachelor's in 2008. He was so dedicated. That was beautiful.
and I feel REALLY bad that I just can't make it. I really don't want to make the drive by myself and my mom is unable to come (& Shawn has to work). I'm sorry. I would have loved to see your family. Send them my love.
Katie, Thank you for the updates on David. He did a lot in his short life. What a valiant family you have! We love you all!!! Our prayers are with all of you and especially Georgia and the children. May the Lord bring you great comfort in this time of need. Love, Sandi Davis
Missy emailed this to me...she's noticed that I'm not the most faithful blogger. I'm so sorry to hear that he passed away. But it looks like he lived for a miraculous time...he was able to baptize his son.
I'll be praying for you and your family, and your mom and David's family.
I'm so sorry Katie, please give your mom my sympathy.
My heart is just aching for those Dave left behind. I think that's the hardest part about losing a loved one--I wish I could pay my respects in person, but I am unable to make it. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all! And even though many years have gone by without any conversation, I will always remember Dave as my friend and favorite next door neighbor at Snow.
Katie, I was so sorry to hear of David's passing. Please know that my prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss and will be thinking of you through this tough time.
Katie
You don't know me but my name is Michelle and we are in the same ward that Dave and Georgia were in when they lived in Sahuarita. First I wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are w/you and your family at this time. I enjoyed getting to know Dave, Georgia and the kids when they lived here. Georgia makes a delicious lasagna!! I was wondering if you might e-mail me Georgia's address, I'd like to send her a card. My email address is blondi4363@aol.com. I'd really appreciate it:) I know Dave will be watching over his entire family waiting for the day that you all will be together again!
Sincerely,
Michelle Johnson
Marilee sent me a link to your blog. I lived next door to Dave during our freshman year at Snow. I was always so impressed with what a good guy he was. He possesed such a great amount of integrity and was so kind to everyone. My prayers for comfort are with his family. I am glad I knew him.
~Jennifer (Johns)Robinson
Katie, I don't know if you remember Jer and I but we are from Moab, and grew up with your family. We wanted to send your family our condolences, and let you know that our prayers are with you.
You have such a beautiful family.
Jeremy & Stacy Mallory
Katie, I would love for you to read our blog. Jamie's last name is Carter. She was teaching elementary school in Moab, but took a year off when she had twins. She also has a little boy who I think is 4. It was so great to hear back from you.
Post a Comment