Tuesday, June 16, 2009

He came out ALIVE!

I love the outfit. it's so in style! Hospital style! The best feature is that it is breathable!
nice socks babe!

I know I was a little paranoid but I think I have a right to be. After all it was surgery and all sorts of things can go wrong right? Randy went for his knee scope on Monday and everything went well. We went to the hospital around 11 and got all checked in. about 15 minutes later they called us back and got Randy all prepped and ready to go. That included getting into the most fashionable green robe I have ever seen. Oh wait I've worn one of those before too! We had a little wait in the chilly outfit but he thoroughly enjoyed the brown socks, the best feature.....they were form fitting! After about another 1 1/2 hour wait the anesthesiologist came in to see if he wanted just a spinal anesthetic or general. I told him he should go for the Epidural I mean after all I have had 4 of them too. Yeah well he has seen the needle for them 4 times and decided to go for the general! Surgery took a little more than an hour. They scrapped plenty of yucky white build up off his knee. He came out just fine and recovered quickly there so we were on our way home about an hour after surgery. He isn't supposed to be up unless to go potty and eat so he's been able to enjoy some extra rest. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the drugs too but it's kind of nice he actually gets to relax. So far so good he's recovering nicely. I guess we will see the wound on Thursday when we are able to unwrap his leg. happy resting honey. I love you!

1 comment:

Punky said...

Glad everything went well! Surgery is always scary...