Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our Day At Dixie Regional

Yesterday was an eventful one for us. Andrew went in for his Doctor Appointment. He has been complaining that his feet and legs were hurting. He can't really talk to well so I couldn't really figure out what was wrong. I thought maybe it was just growing pains but it has been going on for about 2 months. I decided I should just take him in to make sure everything was normal. I get a little paranoid with him because of the feelings I had when I was pregnant with him. Anyway I took him in and she ordered some blood work and x-rays to check for arthritis. The poor little boy didn't do to well with getting his blood drawn but he did settle down a little bit to get the x-rays done.

After we finished all of his work we went down the hall to visit Uncle David. He was having an overly enjoyable stay in room 129. Sleeping a lot trying to manage his pain. Georgia looked beat and wanted sleep too but she wasn't lucky enough to have meds to help her out. Later last night Randy and President Price went and gave David a blessing before he went in to have something permanatly in place to help manage the pain he is having in his shoulder due to the cancer. We had the kids with us and I had taken Kelsie and Avrie in to see him while Randy was waiting for Brent outside. He was really sleepy and couldn't really wake up and so I took them out until they were ready to give him the blessing. As we were walking down the hall to find Randy Kelsie was asking why he was so tired so I had to explain it was just the medicine making him tired and then she looks at me and asks. Is Uncle David going to die. It was so sad. I told her someday he would but hopefully the doctors will be able to help him get better. She asked if it was the cancer making him sick and I had to tell her it was. It was kind of sad they had to see him like that. They are just so innocent.

I was also able to get Andrew's results back yesterday and everything came back looking good except for one thing in his blood work. A type of white blood cell called Eosinophil was really high. The Doctor couldn't really explain why it was so high and it is mostly due to an allergy or a parasite. None of which he has been showing signs of even though he does have allergies he has been under control lately. I looked online and there are things there to freak anyone out but it seems I will just wait and they will do blood work again in a few weeks. Until then luckily it is really nothing to worry about. So that was our exciting day! I am glad Andrew is Ok and I am glad they have found something to help Dave with the Pain and help him be able to function again.

so another little update I just found out. David wasn't so lucky yesterday they weren't able to control his pain like they thought. there was something in his spine that was not allowing them to put the catheder in and they actually broke it off in his back and it IS STILL IN THERE! SCARY. ANyway I guess now they head to another doctor in Salt Lake to fix that. DOES IT EVER END!!!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Wow! What a day. That's horrible about David. They don't ever seem to get a break do they? We'll be praying for him.